Friday, November 7, 2008

recent addition

So I'm stepping up to the plate. That's right, I'm ready to challenge myself to locavoritarism. Although I'm nervous (ie I'm throwing myself in without the prep) I'm thrilled about the possibilities of what we'll discover. I should add in that I've recently discovered my love for cooking. It'll be great to learn how to dress up the tasty local food. And I'll keep you posted along the way.

Btw, I'm open to any suggestions you have for "fall" smoothies. So for I've thought of using apples, pumpkin, squash and maple syrup.

cheers

jh,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mustard greens might add a nice kick to a smoothie. If you need some thickness without a dominating flavour like pumpkin, turnip and rutebega grate really well, so I'd imagine they could work blended too. And if you're open to an experiment, I was wondering if brussel sprouts might add a (positively) unique, subtle richness. They're all in Organic Campus' basket (or were last week), so worth a try!

Anonymous said...

Mmm, smoothies sound delicious!

Is it weird to have hot pumpkin/carrot smoothies? For sweetness, apples or maple syrup sound good. Can you get local honey?