Saturday, November 8, 2008

Local miche?

Well I've kept track of my eating habits for the week. You may see a common thread or two. Reviewing, everything is local except the various breads, coffee, lentils and crepe toppings/spices (and whatever I ate when at restaurants). All my produce is from Marche Jean Talon, as well as the maple syrup and honey- if only there was local bread.
I have to admit I only drink coffee because it is the least expensive thing to buy at Cafe Art Java (my study spot of choice). As nothing sold there is local I'll have to find somewhere else where I can focus adequately.

Monday:
Premier Moisson baguette smothered in creamed honey- lightly toasted to perfection
Cafe Art Java Coffee (Half mild, half bold)
Honeycrisp apple (MJT)
Curried carrot soup

Tuesday:
Still warm Au Pain Dore baguette smothered in creamed honey- no toasting required
Honeycrisp apple (MJT)
Curried carrot soup (last two bowls)

Wednesday:
Cafe Art Java Coffee
Little Sheep Mongolian Hot Pot
Homemade Irish Soda Bread- avec miel.

Thursday:
Patisserie Belge miche campagne- creamed honey (naturally)
Braised Lentils with Bayleaf, carrot, celery and onion
Half an acorn squash roasted with cumin and maple syrup

Friday:
Crepes with lemon and sugar
Cafe Art Java Coffee
Honey crisp apple
Edemame, Miso soup, Kappa Maki, Oshinko Maki
Toasted Crumpets with a slabs of melting honeycomb

Saturday: The diet begins
Last Honeycrisp apple
Made and had a bowl of:
Late Autumn Organic Campus Soup (A new recipe I'm coveting)
Squash and Roasted Garlic Soup
Tastes of a plethora of Root Vegetable, Butter and Apple dishes at the commencement party

Mission: Find Local Wheat. Help?

No comments: