Sunday, November 16, 2008

Halfway there!

So we've past the halfway point. I must say that we, as a group, have completed, or are set to complete all the goals I set out for myself in terms of foods I wanted to make. We've found sunflower oil at Le Frigo Vert, hard ciders at the SAQ and wheat at Premiere Moisson. We've prepared amazing apple pie with strawberry jam, sandwiches, mayonnaise, pancakes and cheese sauces. We have plausible plans for ice creams, sourdough breads, pizza and pastas. What does this mean for you? It means that as a group we've decided to throw a lavish meal together on Saturday (the finale) with all the delicious recipes we've come up with and including only local food. The menu for this meal however, is top secret, you have to come to the finale if you want some!

In terms of recent successes, I'd like to describe this in more detail:

It's a sandwich.













But more than that, this is my childhood. One of the things I miss most about home is the lack of sandwiches I have up here in Montreal.

This one is made from scratch: the flat bread is made from wheat from Premiere Moisson's local fields, the "mayonaise" is egg, keifer yogurt, wheat, salt and local spices blended then heated until thick. The onions, cabbage, chicken (thanks Johanna!) and mushrooms were fried in honey and topped with local spinach. My mouth continues to water...

Love/Peace,
Tim

P.S. Shout out to Hulia for her generous donation of sage and basil. Mucho apreciado!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hola mi amor,
usted es muy bienvenido!
your sangwich looks pretttttty delicious nom nom nom...
one more week to go....go team!
i will provide you with delightful presents for the finish line.

your superpal,
julia

Anonymous said...

I'm mightly impressed with your repertoire of recipes! Those should definitely be included in the local-eating guide.

drea said...

Whoa dude, that looks super tasty. Loves it.

Now, make me a sandwich!