Tuesday, November 11, 2008

apples, apples and then some more apples

before I get to the apples, I'll mention the past couple of days.

Sunday was the Jean-Talon market was great. Unfortunately we didn't make it on time for fresh herbs but we did meet a charasmatic guy selling local, free-range chicken. It's the place where they sell $1 meat-on-a-stick.

a bit of dumpster diving was a lovely addition to the trip. You can read Tim's justification on savaging the leftovers. During the hunt, a little old man gave me his recipe to make strawberry jam (sans preservatives). Yes, I made it and have been using it as a salad dressing.

and the collective dinner was outstanding. Local food really can be exceptionally tasty. But you can read Ian's blog for that..

Monday
bk:
-apple cider smoothie with left-over berries
-apple

lunch/dinner:
-roasted squash, carrots, onions, garlic and turnips
*I need fresh herbs!
-carrots to snack on during the day
-salad w. sliced apples in my strawberry sauce

note: I had to pre-pack my meals. By the end of my 9pm class I was starving. Luckily, I had forgotten some food at Tim's and damn, he ended up making one mean meal:

-fried potato wedges
-boiled carrots & steamed spinach
-mmm creamy cheese sauce
-apple sauce

Here's the food:
Here's our reactions:










I got home and prepped some food for the next day.

Tues
apples. they're in season and I've decided to embrace apples during this 2 week trek. so this morning

BK:
-apple cider and apples for Bk.

lunch:
-tba, off to meet Tim and Ian. I'm bringing roasted veggies

prepped dinner:
-spinach salad + baked apples & carrots, carmalized in honey

No comments: